20 September 2015

Already and the Not Yet – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I suppose I wonder first what this phrase calls to mind for you Dear Reader.  I am tempted to leave it at that and see your responses.  That, however is not how we do things is it?  The focus of my thinking is in where we live.  We live in the already but spend a great deal of time on the not yet.

My current distress forces me to live moment by moment at times.  My life is supposed to be lived in the now.  We live so much of our lives wanting the not yet over the already.   We want what we want over what we have. 

If I fail to be thankful for and acknowledge what I already have I may destroy it in pursuit of the not yet.  I may give up what is good for what I think is better.  I know I have done this and still see the ripples of that foolishness. 

Jesus wants us to walk with him in the moment.  He wants us to be present with him for each stop of the journey.  When we are happy he wants to be acknowledged for his provision.  When we are in pain he wishes to comfort us.  We follow Christ and he wants us to be with him in every step.

As I prepare myself for the impending Advent season I need to ponder what I already have and assure that I cherish each present moment.  Walk with me as I do dear reader.  As always I value you thoughts and questions.   

Know you in the Now – Michael Card

Echo of history
A light so many strain to see
The One we talk so much about
But rarely ever live it out

Could You tell me why
Was it for this You came and died
A once a week observance
When we coldly mouth Your words

Lord I long to see
Your presence in reality
But I don't know how
Let me know You in the now

We should confess
We lose You in our busyness
We've made You in our image
So our faith's idolatry

Lord, deliver me
Break my heart so I can see
All the ways You dwell in us
That You're alive in me

Lord I long to see
Your presence in reality
But I don't know how
Let me know You in the now

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment