10 September 2015

In Christ Alone – Song

Greetings Dear Reader,

The adjustment makes a song difficult.  Dirges float through me more than the bright stuff I like.   Sleep eludes me.  When I do sleep the cinema of my mind torments me.  I love music and am trying to put Christ in my mind as deeply as possible.

There are songs that help and I am listening to them even though my heart yearns to dwell on minor keys and tragic tones.  If I am not real in this Dear Reader I will not be real in anything else.  This solitude forces me to make Christ my song.

Whether I sing through laughter of tears I do better if I sing.  I must be careful that I push away the songs that diminish my faith and hope.  I must cling to the music that pushes me step by step down the path.  Even when the steps are leaden and hard if Christ is my song I will find my way. 

My story is at painful chapter, but then all good stories are.  My journey seems to be in the dark paths or Mirkwood with little sign of getting through any time soon.  Then again, I carry the light of Christ with me in my heart.  I am carried by the strength of Christ when I am weary.  I will walk on with the song of Christ on my lips.

I do not want to today.  I want to despair.  I want to quit.  I want to abandon my quest.  An untested faith is not worth having so I will not despair, quit, or stop following.  I will keep the company of those who held on to their faith even when every step was marked with tears.  The way out is through.  If this is where he leads me this is where I am to follow.  It truly is that simple. 

My Story – Big Daddy Weave

If I told you my story
You would hear hope that wouldn't let go
If I told you my story
You would hear love that never gave up
If I told you my story
You would hear life but it wasn't mine
If I should speak then let it be
Of the grace that is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served and where mercy wins
Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in
To tell you my story is to tell of Him
If I told you my story
You would hear victory over the enemy
If told you my story
You would hear freedom that was won for me
If I told you my story
You would hear life overcome the grave
If I should speak then let it be
This is my story this is my song praising my Savior all the day long

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment