25 September 2015

Already and the not yet – Wishes, Dreams, and Visions

Greetings Dear Reader,

I aspire to some grand things.  Apparently I am optimistic and believe in the impossible.  I start with the idea that everyone it worth knowing.  I proceed from the assumption that I can be friends with almost anyone. 

Some of my dreams have already been realized.  Others have died in my arms.  Some were murdered by others who I thought shared them.  Dreams turn our already into a better not yet if we build them.  Visions lead us to better places if we follow them in line with Christ.

In the journey back to God he wishes us to be what we are created to be.  God promises that if we are loyal to him in the already he will give us the desires of our heart in the not yet.  We have to live and move in Christ to find the things that make us who we are created to be. 

The Father has built into me things that are amazing and beautiful.  I must get out of the way and let him build those things in me.  I must pursue Christ and the dreams I have in him.  I must turn my already into a not yet that embraces Christ and my visions.

As I said in the first post on this subject it is part of my preparation for Advent.  I have Christmas dreams that are idealistic and buildable all at once.  I try to celebrate Christ every day. 

This Christmas Day – Trans-Siberian Orchestra

So tell me Christmas are we wise
To believe in things we never see
Are Prayers just wishes in disguise
And are these wishes being granted me
For now I see the answering
To every prayer I've prayed

She's coming home this Christmas Day
So tell me Christmas are we kind
More this day than any other day
Or is it only in our mind
And must it leave when you have gone away
It's different now, It's changed somehow
And now you're here to stay

She's coming home this Christmas Day
And all at once the world
It doesn't seem the same
In a single night
You know it all has changed
Everything is now how it should be

I have the ornament
I have the perfect tree
I have a string of lights
I have a chance to see
Everything that my heart thought could be

For of all the dreams
You were the first I knew
And every other one
Was a charade of you
You stayed close when I was far away

And in the darkest night
You always were the star
Who always took us in
No matter who we are
So she's coming home this Christmas Day

Merry Christmas, Merry Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas, Merry Merry Christmas

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment