27 September 2015

Second Thoughts – Daughter’s Day

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I lost a daughter many years ago before I could really know what it was to be a father to a daughter.  I often wonder how many things would have turned out differently had she lived.  That hole in my heart has never truly healed.

Later we adopted a young girl and she has been a source of healing to that hurt.  In the United States today is Daughter’s Day.  We celebrated by taking Christmas to the Mall of America.  I have never seen anyone cover so much mall so fast. 

I do not have much to say except how proud I am to be her father.  She is intelligent, creative, and talented.  She is working to be more each day than she was the day before.  Everything about her ask me to be more like Christ so she can have the example she needs.

Happy Daughter’s Day Christmas.  I am proud of you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment