14 September 2015

In Christ Alone – Depths of Peace

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am surly not there yet but I am closer.  I am at peace that God has me in a place where he wants me to learn something.  There is still no peace in the exile and isolation.  There is still no peace in my pain.

The former peace, however, needs to be enough for now.  If God wishes me to learn then the student I must be.  I love learning and it is a life-long pursuit for me.  I have had to learn in the midst of pain before now. 

So as find peace in the requirements of my situation I must focus my faith on the things with which I am not at peace.  I can endure anything if Christ wills me to walk through it.   What will be on the other end of the trial I do not know.  Submitting myself to the tutelage is the only way I will find peace in it.   

God does not promise that there will never be loneliness, isolation, and pain.  He does promise that if I hold onto my faith I can get through it.  So I focus on the learning and stop asking why.  I resolve to be honest about where I am and follow in faith.  I must find a way to use the time to grow and find new ways to be a better man. 

I hate the pain.  I love God.  We will see how it unfolds as I seek peace in Christ alone.  I dare not tell others to do this if I am not willing to do the same.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment