08 September 2015

In Christ Alone – Light

Greetings Dear Reader,

Darkness is the absence of light.  It has no qualities of its own.  The first thing we hear from God is that he wishes there to be light.  John, Jesus’ best friend represents Jesus as the light that shines in the darkness beyond the comprehension of the darkness. 

I have learned to work in my place in very dim light.  I like low light in the mornings.  I am often surprised, however, how much more I can see when there is a stronger quality of light.  Things that were in the shadows of my meager light are revealed in the brightness. 

If I try to produce my own light in following Christ I get the same result.  I cannot see clearly what I must think, do, and be as his follower.  In Christ alone can I find the light I need to see my way.  The light is real in Christ.

So as I follow I must look to the light that Christ provides and not try to manufacture my own.  I must reflect that light in my interactions with everyone.  The Light of the World offers to be my torch in the darkness.  How can I be so foolish as to refuse.

Light of the World – Michael Card

You are the Light of the World oh Lord
You make Your servants shine
So how could there be any darkness in me
If You are the Light of the World
You are the Light of the World
You are the Bread of Life oh Lord
Broken to set us free
So how could there be any hunger in me
If You are the Bread of Life
You are the Bread of Life
You've overcome the world oh Lord
And given us victory
So how could I fear when trouble is near
If You've overcome the world
You've overcome the world
Wipe every tear away oh Lord
And teach us the song of the Lamb
The promise is true but it's still up to You
To wipe every tear away
Wipe every tear away
Wipe every tear away
Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment