05 September 2015

The Road – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

An uneventful journey back to my abode was extended by almost two hours due to Labor Day traffic.  Floods of people from Illinois are escaping into Wisconsin for the official end of summer at lake houses and woodsy cabins. 

This was the first time in some time that I have made the drive back alone.  I was not just alone.  It was lonely.   I realized as I thought on this that it is the first time I return alone to a place where I live alone. 

There will be no more delays traffic or otherwise to avoid this reality.  The tune has been called by others but I must pay the piper.  I am unsure what journeys are next for me.  There are some avenues I wish to explore.  This recent one had both joy and sorrow in it.  I will need some time to process the reality of both.

I still have some dreams to build on but face the evenings and long dark alone.  I can busy myself with unpacking and arranging for a bit.  Then comes winter with its early dark and bitter cold.  We will see how things unfold.

I will face them all in faith.  The road still calls.  I can truly understand why Tolkien chose to have his travelers always in company.  Even to Mount Doom Frodo did not go alone.  It is not good for man to be alone.  The road, trail, or path that I follow next will test me.  I must as always depend on Christ in the testing if I am to endure.

Dear Reader I promise to hold to my faith during this time of testing and adjustment.  I will also share honestly how I am faring in the journey.  As always I value your thoughts and questions. 

The Road Goes Ever On – J.R.R. Tolkien

Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.
Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.
.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment