07 September 2015

In Christ Alone – Hope

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we stand with Christ it is an all or nothing bargain.   He does not want partial faith, fealty, of following.  No matter how thin my hope is in my situation my hope in Christ can be firm.  It is the contradiction with which I struggle.

We place hope in others that they will be faithful to their relationships, commitments, and duties.  When they are not we are forced to decide if we will be faithful to our commitment to trust Christ in all things.

Wars have been fought over such a dilemma.  No matter what I think I need, whether genuine or imagined, I must adhere to my hope in Christ for all things.  If I sing, “In Christ alone my hope is found…” then I must live it. 

Hope will be realized in Christ.  This does not answer the practical questions or belay my fears.  It does not quell the pain of betrayal and fear of solitude.  It is the hard deck below which I will not slip.  Christ is at work within me to both will and to do according to his good pleasure. 

When I realized my failures as a father I put my hope in Christ that he would work out my evil for good.  When Avalon chose to go walkabout over her vows to me I put my hope in Christ that he would work all things according to his good pleasure.  When others have promised me that they would follow Christ with me no matter what and then walked away from it I have had to find my hope in the truth that Christ will work things out in his favor. 

In this then I too must find my hope in Christ.  I must stand firm in that.  I must yield to Christ in all things including my hope.  We will see how it unfolds.  I will not abandon hope no matter how thin it feels today.  After all it is one of the three things that abides.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment