06 September 2015

In Christ Alone – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

And so we come to the turn of the tide.  The seasons change and my brief vacation will end.  I have things to still arrange in my new abode to make it completely livable.  I have a toehold on how to do that.  I have projects to complete and begin.

Although I did not lose my footing in the past month of transition there were times where the path was slippery.  Other times the path was elusive.  There are parts of it that still are.  No matter the footing or the clarity of the path moving forward is always the same. 

I am going to spend some time reminding myself where I stand and why I stand there.  No matter which thread I pull on they trace to the same place.  I must only stand by the grace of God I find in Christ.  I realize that sounds simplistic.  It is not.  It is the complexity of doing this that I need to explore.

Stuart Townend has a song that addresses this and I am going to use that as my springboard.  The song is amazing.  The journey through it should be revealing.  I hope to find firmer footing and let go of anything else that I use for my stability.  Walk with me if you wish.  I value your company and counsel.

In Christ Alone – Stuart Townend

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! - who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand:
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment