28 September 2015

Forgetting Who God Is – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We often hear about a person before we meet them.  How someone else characterizes an individual is going to be limited to his or her perspective.  It will be coloured by opinion, background, culture, and education.   People will front load their opinions of others.

So much of our view of God gets front loaded before we really know him.  We fail to give the opportunity to be who he is.  We fail to see him for what he wants to be for us.  There are those who do not believe in him who mock him.  There are those who misrepresent him who claim to be his followers. 

As a part of my preparation for advent I want to revisit some of my thoughts on who God is.  I think we are so inundated with what culture says God is that we forget to listen to who he says he is.  We do not get to know him.

As I walk through this I will attempt to lay aside the filters of culture and presupposition.  Rather I will try to establish the presuppositions that God wishes us to have.  Walk with for a bit.  Perhaps your thoughts can help clarify mine. 

I Will Bring You Home – Michael Card

Though you are homeless
Though you're alone I will be your home
Whatever's the matter, whatever's been done
I will be your home

I will be your home
I will be your home
In this fearful fallen place
I will be your home

When time reaches fullness
When I move my hand I will bring you home
Home to your own place in a beautiful land
I will bring you home

I will bring you home
I will bring you home
From this fearful fallen place
I will bring you home
I will bring you home

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment