18 September 2015

In Christ Alone – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

This is simple.  If I am to stand it must be in Christ.  If I am to live and move it must be in Christ.  “From life’s first cry to final breath Jesus commands my destiny.”  It is not up to me to decide if this is true.  It is up to me to live that it is.

I can choose to do what is right and live within this.   I can choose to resist it.  There is no path that runs true outside of following Christ.  If I accept that my best destiny is to follow in faith then I live in harmony in Christ. 

Getting everything right is impossible.  Dismissing my weaknesses and leaving them behind is not an easy affair.  It is only in Christ that I can find the will and power to be a better man.  It does not quell the pain of solitude or eliminate the fear that I feel.  It does give me ground on which to stand.

As I move into this place I find that I want to escape it.  I cannot.  I will not.  I will find a way to follow Christ with my whole heart.  I will find a way to be in Christ alone whilst I am alone.  He does not promise that it will be easy.  He does promise the way out is through and he will lead me.  In Christ alone I take my stand.

I have so many good things in my life.  The things I lack right now are painful and deep.  As I set out on this journey I must see the fairness and beauty that is Jesus.  I must live in the belief that even the lonely parts of the journey are with Christ.  Jesus, however, makes the woeful heart sing. 


Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all nature,
O thou of God and man the Son,
Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor,
thou, my soul's glory, joy, and crown.

Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,
robed in the blooming garb of spring:
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer
who makes the woeful heart to sing.

Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight,
and all the twinkling starry host:
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
than all the angels heaven can boast.

Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations!
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor, praise, adoration,
now and forevermore be thine.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment