12 September 2015

In Christ Alone – Solid Ground

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have slogged through muddy mucky fields where the every step was sodden and leaden.  My feet have carried me through deep dry sand where each movement seemed and eternal effort.  My legs have pushed through snow that was waist deep and survival depended on moving forward.

In each instance where the terrain was its own challenge what I sought was solid ground.  I am fighting to avoid my own slough of despond.  Over the decades since I put my faith in Christ I have learned that the only way to avoid this is by understanding and believing that Christ is my only solid ground.

Another project I am still working on is a sentence by sentence analysis of the Book of Romans.   The two things had an interesting conjunction with a current political/social hurricane.  Whilst it is clear that Paul addresses some specific sin at the end of chapter one, I think we overlook that he equates sexual immorality with breaking promises and being disobedient to parents.

Before we spend too much time thumping on any sin we find objectionable I think we should realize how deeply we are already mired in our own sin.  The sins we embrace are not as heinous to us.  Every sin is heinous to God.  Losing that perspective mires us all so deeply that we do not realize our only solid ground is Christ.

When I think of what I do not have that is a poor focus.  When I try to slog through the swamp of my emotional pain alone I have no hope getting through the slough.  Even in the midst of the deep drifts or burning sands there is solid ground.  It is Christ.  It is Christ alone.  It is Christ alone that can be my solid Ground.   Anything else is a misstep, full stop.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment