09 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Abundance


Greetings Dear Reader,

Abundance is one of those relative terms that can both be positive or negative.  Having an abundance of gold coins is good.  Having an abundance of mosquitoes is not good at all unless you are studying them for some humane purpose.  Then again, having an abundance of gold coins, say in your pockets is not good if you have just fallen off a ship into deep waters.

Abundance can also be relative in terms of perspective.  Many people do not realize they have an abundance of things until compared to someone who lacks.  Someone who only has a cup of rice a day may see a fifty-pound bag as abundance. 

Even though I have been without “normal” income for almost a year, I have an abundance.  I have more than most people in the world.  I have an abundance of food and clothing.  My life is filled with opportunity to write and help others.

I have more than I need even though I do not have all that I want.  I do not mean this in a selfish or complaining way.   I am simply drawing the distinction.  I try to temper my wants to serve my journey.  I do not always succeed.

For what I have I want to always be truly grateful.  When I lose sight of the abundance that I possess I become greedy and self-absorbed.  It is my obligation to remember that I have much.  Further, I must be thankful as often as possible for the abundance I have.  I must also share out of that abundance whenever possible.  What about you Dear Reader?  Do you consider what you have in abundance and how you can show your gratitude for it?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment