02 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Technology 1


Greetings Dear Reader,

Computers and technology have been companions to me most of my adult life.  I had a personal computer almost as soon as they were available.  I have not been without one since.  The same was true for a cell phone but I confess that early indulgence was foolish and prideful.  Even though they are a good tool now my bag phone was expensive and did not work well.

I have tempered my desire to be on the bleeding edge of technology but I am still an early adopter on practical things.  I always want the best and fastest computer I can afford but have learned to use the one I have until it is obsolete.  This is much wiser for my needs. 

The gratitude lies in the way in which computers have allowed me to produce and deliver my writing at a more accurate and efficient rate.  As I write this my computer is playing a movie for me, showing me the morning news, and tracking the thunderstorm moving through my morning. 

When I am writing a novel, I can dictate it.  This allows me to get the words out faster and keep the story telling feel that I love.  It also allows me to write when driving long distances alone.  Do not be alarmed.  I hook up the headset and face the screen away from me.  I tell the story whilst driving and edit it later. 

My home network will allow me to transfer my work for the day to my laptop with a couple of mouse clicks.  I carry in that laptop a complete backup of my writing and all the information I need to continue my current novel.  As a writer this is a great advantage for me.

This also makes me more accountable.  In the possibility of being able to write anywhere lies the obligation to do it.  I have been given a great gift in terms of technology.  It is my obligation to show my gratitude for technology by using it wisely.  I am truly grateful for the tools that allow me to work my craft more easily.  What aspects of technology are you grateful for Dear Reader?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment