24 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Companionship


Greetings Dear Reader,

I wrote earlier in this series about friends.  I value friends greatly.  What I value more are true companions.  The distinction for me is very different.  Companions are rare and precious.

Companions are those who get you and stand with you no matter what.  Whether they share your values or not they respect them.  They know what matters to you.  They listen and speak with common understanding.  You give and take counsel together.

Then there are the even deeper ones who fight the good fight with you.  They are the ones who share your vision and values.  They are the ones who walk with you in the journey and you care for each other as fellow travelers. 

True companions are rare and few.  When I find one in my life I cherish it.  I am filled with gratitude for it.  In times of great pain and sorrow these are the ones who support and care for you.  These are the ones who are there when you are on top and on the bottom.

Some days the journey seems long and lonely.  It is my companions who see this and are there to keep me going.  Some days amazing things unfold and it is those same companions who celebrate with me whether they benefit from the unfolding or not. 

I strive to be that for others because it is what we all need.  Lately we here it called our tribe or our peeps.  I feel that we need to keep the deep understanding of this vital sub-set of our friends.  We need to always feel grateful for them.  We need to realize that the journey becomes much more difficult without them.

I am grateful for my companions.  I strive to be one for others who need it.  And as always I am grateful for your companionship Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment