12 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Baseball


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I write this my beloved Atlanta Braves are in first place.  This early in the season the situation is still quite mercurial.  Still I get to celebrate today.  It is one of the many things I love about baseball. 

I have been a life-long lover of the game.  I am grateful for it because of not only the game but the life lessons it teaches.  You can read more about this in the chapter, The Mound, in Sheetrock on the Road. 

It provides a venue for good conversation with friends.  I have had opportunity for my Children and Grandchildren to experience good times and good food.  It has coaxed some dreams out of them and created some beautiful memories.

I am most grateful for the lesson in opportunity.  There is always opportunity in baseball.  It is linear and constant.  It is fleeting and renewable all at once.  It is measured chaos at its finest. 

The gratitude I feel involves memories of my Grandfather, playing as a youth, and memories I am creating with my family.  Every moment of the game has a measure of truth to teach.  There are dreams realized and lost in the game.  There is drama and joy.  It is a microcosm of life.  There is also the great thing that we all need; renewed constantly every moment.  There is hope.  I am so grateful for hope.  I am so grateful for baseball.  Do you get this Dear Reader (there is no wrong answer)?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment