11 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Service Personnel


Greetings Dear Reader,

I tend to get to know the people who work at places where I shop and dine.  These individuals work hard and do not get paid what they are worth. This week has been filled with kind surprises from those people. 

I wonder if we take enough time to consider the lives of those who ring up our groceries or refill our coffee.  The work that they do is crucial to the way in which we move through our lives.  By way of example consider the inconvenience of no service clerks at a grocery store.  I do not often need assistance there but when I do it is crucial. 

Making all of those service experiences friendly and personal benefits me as well.  As they get to know me and count on my kindness, they are open and honest when I ask how they are.  This is a treasure to me.  I get to show compassion.  I am more knowledgeable in my prayer for them (yes, I pray for service personnel.  Are you implying that you do not?).  Knowing them better allows me to show the kind of kindness each of them needs.

I mentioned that this week was very good.  I was surprised with a hug.  I was given a gift.  I was told that I make a difference.  I was delighted to hear about a waitress who is graduating from college and moving on to her career.  I will miss her but she is going to chase her dream and I was privileged to be a part of that journey.

I am grateful for those who serve us as we go through our day.  They are a gift we often overlook if we do not make the time.  Try it Dear Reader.  Invest a little in those who serve.  You will be grateful that you did.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment