03 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Thunderstorms


Greetings Dear Reader,

Just a week ago we were talking about cold and snow.  The last two nights have produced some beautiful thunderstorms.  I do not know if you share my thoughts on this but I am very grateful for thunderstorms.

They bring back memories of summers at the beach, seeing St. Elmo’s Fire in the rigging of a tall ship, and a terrified experience with ball lightning.  It brings a heightened awareness that I thoroughly enjoy.  I realize that for some people this is a fearsome thing and I respect that. 

I have heard the roll of thunder through mountains.  I have heard it echo and imagined dwarves playing nine pins.  I have seen a tree shattered by lightning.  I have taken cover in a park shelter whilst a storm raged around me.  I have seen a triple rainbow against a backdrop of starkly black and white clouds. 

The raw power of thunderstorms speaks to me of the immense potential power in the universe.  I see in it the power of my Creator and his fierce beauty.  As the storms passed through over the last two nights I chose to be thankful for them.  We need the rain and the storms confirm the arrival of warmer weather.

I do not seek God in the storm. It is evident that he is there.  I do acknowledge his power and creativity in giving us such an amazing light show.  I am grateful for the rain, the lighting, and the thunder.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

No comments:

Post a Comment