01 May 2018

Gratitude ~ Friends


Greetings Dear Reader,

Beyond my family there are friends for whom I am quite grateful.  Some have been my friends for decades.  Others are new additions to that cadre and have become dear to me. 

I try to be friendly to everyone.  I enjoy those single serving friendships with clerks and service personnel.  I find joy in being kind to strangers.  This, however, is often a one-way exchange. 

The type of friendship that I am thinking of today is that rare kind of friendship where I can be genuine about everything.  It is the small circle of people with whom I can be honest about my struggles and fears.  They celebrate with me when there are triumphs.  They mourn with me when there is loss. There is opportunity to listen and be of help to them as well.

This journey is one of both solitude and companionship.  I must walk my path and that often requires more solitude than I desire.  Along the way there are friends that fall in step with me and help me stay that path.  They motivate, care, and sustain. 

I am so very grateful for these friends.  I will always try to live the gratitude I feel for them.  Moreover, I will try to live a life worthy of such precious people.  I will remember to thank the Father for them.  I must live out the gratitude I feel by striving always to be a better man.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/5/18 03:46

    We take this friends for granted because they are there. I'm so glad you picked this topic. Because we do need to be more thankful and greatful for that small group of friends. Thanks for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete