27 December 2018

Closing the Year: I DARE YOU TO MOVE ~ Put it Down


Greetings Dear Reader,

Movement is best accomplished unencumbered.  It is the things we carry that weigh us down and hinder our progress.  We have to travel.  It is our nature.  We choose if we will follow the path or search vainly on a false one.

When I arrived in the South some people gathered to help me understand how to navigate the path I needed to walk.  One of the things on which I needed to focus was seeking and giving forgiveness.  It has always been easy for me to forgive when forgiveness was sought.  As is the nature of the journey, the Father wishes to press me for more.

One of the ways in which we can move is to move first.  I am determined to learn to forgive before it is asked for.  I am going to learn to go further and ask the Father not to hold to account those who sin against me.  It will not be easy but it is right.  It will not be fun but it will bring joy.  It is not possible to make war if we constantly seek peace.

I had determined to follow this part of the path and as is the way of things, it was immediately truly tested.  In a situation where I would wait for the individual to realize their wrong and seek forgiveness, I instead dismissed the offense and prayed for the Father to not hold this sin against them.  It was not easy.  It was painful and difficult.  It was also genuine and from the heart.

I am in a place seeking forgiveness where I fell.   I am trying to unravel the wrongs I have created and finding ones I did not know existed.  Since I am in such need of real forgiveness I must up my skill in immediately giving out the same.  I must keep no accounts, even for a moment.  I must move first and do so in love and humility.

It is also necessary to avoid the trap of being prideful in my forgiving.  It is enough to do it in my heart and not seem self-righteous by expressing it to the offender.  It is sufficient to silently pray for the person even whilst they are assailing me.  It is the right path to follow. 

So, Dear Reader, as we enter into a new year, I dare you to move first.  I challenge you to forgive without any other reason that to love the other person.  There are many other valid reasons to do so including not carrying the weight of grudges and anger that sap our souls.  I dare you to put it all down and keep your love and mercy; your kindness and grace.  We all need it so much we dare not withhold it from others.  I dare you to move.

“Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment