10 December 2018

Where Are You Christmas ~ Where is the Hope?


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

I have mentioned that I am missing the snow this year.  I am one of those who loves snow even when it is inconvenient and challenging.  I find that the beauty of it far surpasses the issues it brings with it.

That said, I have not asked the Father to make it snow here as it inconveniences so many in the South.  I did mention during my prayer time last week that I was missing the snow.  Yesterday morning I awakened to about a half inch of the beautiful white blanket that reminds me of so many beautiful moments from the last twenty years.

Church services were cancelled and the small town I was in chose to take the day off and enjoy the rare fall event.  I sat in front of a window taking in the beauty and cherishing memories that include the years I spent in the northern Midwest.  I wrote in front of that window, reminded that the Father cares about my what I am missing whether they be salad or snow (See Gratitude Stories ~ Lettuce Pray).   

Where are you Christmas?  You are in the hope that is found in a dusting of snow on a late fall morning.  You are in the memories of the countless times when the Creator has reminded me that he is there and cares for the smallest thing in my heart.  You are in the celebration that reminds us that every good hope is met in the incarnation of God. 

No matter how deep the hurt or sorrow, it is in that deep hope that all good hope is rooted.  It is in the Advent of Christ that hope is remembered and realized.  The idea of celebrating Christ, Christmas has no purpose without hope being one of the primary elements of the celebration.  In a world where hope seems to wane, I find hope in seeing who Jesus is and what he has for us.

When we search for hope we are looking ahead.  We are looking down the path of the journey for the light to follow.  We are asking for guidance to continue.  When we do not see clearly the way to go, we often stop looking and look back to old things that we know do not work.  A small fleeting measure of snow reminded me to keep looking forward, to keep hoping.

Where do you find hope Dear Reader?  What is it that gets you to the next step, the next moment, the next day?   My wish, as we look for Christmas together is that you find hope in the simple things and further, that you share them with me Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG    

No comments:

Post a Comment