17 December 2018

Where Are You Christmas ~ Christmas Without You


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

This past weekend during my long Saturday morning prayer time, I was overcome with grief for those I love who are far from faith.  During that time, I recalled their names and what I see as their barriers to faith.  I pleaded with the Father for mercy and his drawing of them to his heart.

That was when it occurred to me just how deeply the truth is that almost everything associated with Christmas is an attempt to replace Jesus that never works.  I am not talking about the “war on Christmas”.  I am referring to all the ways in which we try to find CHRISTmas without Jesus.  It seems like trying to find air without oxygen.  What you find may satisfy for a moment but it leaves us gasping for the real thing.

There are people I miss. There are those I love who I am parted from because of anger and strife.  None of that is more important to me that their finding the peace and wholeness that is available in Christ.  I must do my part to make peace but more so, I must seek their reconciliation to Christ.

As a man who sees how deeply he needs to draw closer to Christ, I see more clearly that need for others as well.  Christmas without Christ cannot satisfy.  The lack of all the things that I treasure has perhaps allowed me to see Christ more clearly and to treasure him more deeply.  It has made my yearning for others to see him more poignant.

I long for there to be reconciliation with all of those who are not at peace with me.  More, I long for there to be a real connection for all of us with Christ that makes that peace possible.  Peace in relationships that leads to peace on earth begins with being at peace with God.  That is only accomplished through Jesus. 

Where are you Christmas?  You are in the midst of my pain and sorrow for those who do not know you.  You are in the moment when a soul sees how deeply it needs you.  You are in the heart of all that is the love that caused God to become one of us in a cradle so that he could walk with a cross.

I will never look down on anyone that does not follow Christ.  I will always love you enough to share with you that which matters most to me Dear Reader.  There is so much that makes sense when we see it through faith in Christ.  All of our problems and hurts are not solved but we have someone to walk through them with us, and carry us if necessary.  Tell me all your thoughts on God Dear Reader.  I will tell you mine.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment