09 December 2018

Where Are You Christmas ~ Do I Believe in Christmas?


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

If you ask those who know me well, they may say that I am obsessed concerning Christmas.  When I was younger and so were my children, they called me Captain Christmas.  I did whatever was necessary to make Christmas magical for them. 

When times are lean or hard our circumstances often challenge our beliefs.  When major hurtful changes come, we have to decide if we really believe what we say we do believe.  My losses over the last few months have seriously challenged this. I can feel the war within to be angry and bitter instead of having faith.

Christmas celebration is an outward expression for me of my inward belief.  I have often said that when things go very wrong, if my faith does not work in that moment then it was never working at all.  If I lose what is precious to me and it does not drive me closer to Jesus then I did not have my faith in Christ but in something else.

Without the things that are my outward celebration of Christmas at hand I must decide if I still believe in it or not. When my Children are far away and things are hard for them, do I still wish them great joy and the peace of Christ in the season?  Am I still willing to set aside my pain and wish everyone I meet a Happy Christmas?  Do I forget about what I want and see the needs of others with a heart to give where I can?

If I ever had Christmas in my heart then the answer is a resounding YES.  I do believe.  I will believe.  I will “keep my Christmas spirit to the last.”   It is not the circumstances that determine belief, but rather, my belief that determines who I am in the circumstances. 

Do I miss my trappings and traditions?  Again, the answer is a resounding YES.  Were I able to work my will, I would put it all in place and keep the lessons I am learning.  Since this is not reality, I will show the love that I have in my heart in the ways that I can.  I will work toward finding Christmas in my spirit and in how I am with others.  I will keep Christ as the center of it.

Where are you Christmas?  You are in my heart as deeply as you were when I was a child.  You are in the tears that fall for those I love who do not see Christ as their hope and joy.  You are in the thoughts and questions from my Dear Reader.  You are here every moment of every day if I will only see you and as we said earlier, that comes from believing.  Do you believe in Christmas Dear Reader?  Please tell me about it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment