29 December 2018

Closing the Year: I DARE YOU TO MOVE ~ The Tension is Here


Greetings Dear Reader,

We all live in the tension of the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.  What am I going to do different?  What do I wish to accomplish?  What to I need to change?  Whether we are told in kindness or not, others tell us what is wrong with us.  We decided if we agree and are going to do anything about it.

Rigel shines bright as it navigates
 the tension of its binary existence
Notice that the choice is binary.  The first is that question of whether or not we agree with the things that others point out as needing change in us.  We may dice it up into facets but we still choose whether or not we agree with others about who we and what we need to change.  It is yes or no. 

Disagreeing can be honest or it can be denial.  Our philosophical differences or our social alignment may influence whether or not we agree.  The difficulty is that in most cases, disagreement can damage the peace of the relationship.

The other binary choice is whether or not we will act to change that in us which should be different.  Most of the time we do not.  More often we dismiss the truth of the need to change.  We also make weak resolutions to the change no matter what time of year it is.  It is summed up by example in the person who says, “I should lose some weight,” whilst cutting that second piece of cake.  It is not easy to change.

I work at making sure my life lines up with my beliefs.  I fail at times.  I am blind sometimes to my faults.  The tension is always there between who I am and who I should become.  I cannot fix it all at once.  I can work today to become better than I was yesterday.  There are things I can stop right away.  There are things I can do and things I can stop doing. 

Instead of creating resolutions for the New Year, I have been working at my resolve to live in the moment as an obedient follower.  It is both difficult and easy.  My mind and spirit wrestle with the old and the new.  My heart and thoughts harm and heal me.  I begin to understand Paul when he says, “The things I do I would not and the things I would I do not.”

The tension is here between who you are and who you should be.  Until you are perfect it will always be that which we must encounter Dear Reader.  The question, again, becomes one of the binary sort.  Will you move or not?  I dare you to.  I know that I must.

“Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
The tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment