25 December 2018

Where Are You Christmas ~ Promises to Keep


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

The morning for me starts as it does every year.  I awaken knowing it is Christmas morning.  I thank the Father for the gift of the Son.  I recite Luke chapter two in my head.  I pray for my Children and Grandchildren.

My heart is fixed on the birth and adoration of Jesus.  As I prepare my coffee, I offer a prayer of gratitude for it.  I turn on the PC and see pictures already posted of those who celebrate on Christmas Eve or of those who are in parts of the world where my Christmas morning is the end of the day for them.  I do not have all that I wish for but I have all that I need.

In the month-long search for Christmas I find that I am in better shape than I thought I would be.  My heart hurts but there is joy in the journey still.  I am strangely at peace.  I understand more about the moment of faith in what can be true. 

I will focus on this writing for a moment.  I will sip eggnog coffee and write.  I will listen to songs that remind me to keep following in faith.  I will watch the wonder of children as my nieces and nephews open their gifts. 

Where are you Christmas?  You are in every moment that I choose to believe, hope, and follow.  You are in the millions of little things that cry out to the world that the Father loves us.  You are in the crisp clear starlight where Rigel shines so brightly reminding me to believe.  You are the promises that there will be a Christmas some day with no absence, longing, or lack of anything good.

I wish you a Happy Christmas Dear Reader.  Your company on this journey is precious to me.  I see you in the hope and faith that I carry.  I see you in the promises that Christmas yet has to keep in all our lives.  I look forward to watching them all come true with you.  Tell me a Christmas story.

Promises to Keep - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Christmas time
On a cold December morning
All is calm
And the world is still asleep
Christmas lights
That have been caught without warning
Gently glitter on
Stars to wish upon
All the world is at peace

Christmas time and the year will soon be leaving
Cloaked in time till it's just a memory
Christmas stays if we don't forget its meaning
Days go quickly by
Years they multiply
And we go searching for thee

And the dream is still alive
From that first December morning
And it always will survive
As long as we can see
That the dreams we find in life
Are the dreams we tend to seek
And Christmas has its promises to keep

Christmas time
And the moments just beginning
From last night
When we'd wished upon a star
If our kindness
This day is just pretending
If we pretend long enough
Never giving up
It just might be who we are

And so it's good that we remember
Just as soon as we've discovered
That the things we do in life
Will always end up touching others
So from a fading neon star
Somewhere shining in the night
We find a father far away
Now reflecting in its light

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   


No comments:

Post a Comment