22 December 2018

Where Are You Christmas ~ Driving Home for Christmas


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

Many years ago I used to dream of a home where my Children and Grandchildren would return year after year for Christmas.  It was a home I designed and built with room for everyone.  I still have those designs long after the dream cannot become reality. 

In later years, I would imagine the space to have everyone together no matter where we were.  That too has been fragmented by time and trials.  My choices and those of others have taken us in many directions.  Were I able I would be driving to see my Grandchildren today.   That too is not possible. 

 My search for Christmas this year has been in anticipation of the reality of not seeing most of the people I long to see.  I will get to see my younger Son tomorrow and that fills me with joy.  As I have longed him on so many other Christmas days I long for my eldest Son and my Daughter.  I long for my Grandsons and my friends in the north. There is something for which I long more deeply than all of this, however.

I long to keep moving toward home.  I long to be driven to follow Christ more closely.  I am not depressed but I am sad because I am not as close to Christ as I wish and because of our distance from Christ I am distant from some that I love.  The only thing that I can fix is my closeness to Christ. 

Where are you Christmas?  You are in the dreams that die helping me to follow you out of their rubble.  You are in the hope that we are on the road and we can follow if we will to a winter with no discontent.  You are my companion as I drive this broken road and strive to find the beauty in the brokenness.  You know my heart and my new dreams.

Do not worry overmuch Dear Reader.  I am filled with hope even though I feel sad.  I am remaining true to my faith and following.  I treasure you and all the thoughts you share with me.  I will be praying for you and yours as you travel for Christmas.  Tell me a Christmas story to read whilst I work and pray through the day.  I sing for you Dear Reader.


I'm driving home for Christmas
Oh, I can't wait to see those faces
I'm driving home for Christmas, yea
Well I'm moving down that line

And it's been so long, but I will be there
I sing this song, to pass the time away
Driving in my car
Driving home for Christmas

It's gonna take some time
But I'll get there
Top to toe in tailbacks
Oh, I got red lights all around
But soon there'll be a three-way
Get my feet on holy ground

So I sing for you
Though you can't hear me
When I get trough
And feel you near me
I am driving home for Christmas
Driving home for Christmas
With a thousand memories

I take look at the driver next to me
He's just the same
Just the same

Top to toe in tailbacks
Oh, I got red lights all around
I'm driving home for Christmas, yea
Get my feet on holy ground
So I sing for you
Though you can't hear me
When I get trough
And feel you near me
Driving in my car
Driving home for Christmas
Driving home for Christmas
With a thousand memories

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG    

No comments:

Post a Comment