05 December 2018

Where Are You Christmas ~ Seeing Is Not Believing


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

Central to the idea of Christmas is belief.  No matter what you believe, you believe something.  You believe that there is or is not a Santa.  You believe or do not believe that Jesus is the incarnate Son of the Living God given as a gift for our redemption, our reclamation.  Either way, there is a measure of faith involved.

When searching for Christmas we must accept this axiom or we leave out vital portions of our searching.  We cannot get around the fact that there if faith involved in Christmas.  We cannot engage in the practices of the season without at some point confronting those beliefs. 

My younger nephew this past week asked me if I believe in Santa Clause.  My niece, his younger sister says, without hesitation, “Of course he does.  He IS Santa Clause.”  This is not the first time that young children have decided on their own that I am that particular elf. 

As I go about my day, I have to decide in each moment how I am going to interact with my belief in Christmas and the promises it holds.  I do not have to see all the things I wish were there to know that the promises of Christmas are real and true.  In fact, once I see them all true and in place, belief is no longer necessary.  Faith is dissolved once sight exists. 

This is the second part of my polemic on the idea.  The major premise is that seeing is not believing.  Once we see that something we believed in is real we no longer need faith.  Once we receive the hope of Christmas, we have realized that hope and it is, therefore, no longer a hope but a reality.

As I search for Christmas this year, I must remember that I am not going to suddenly find the answer wrapped up in silver paper with a nice little bow.  I am not going to have a Hallmark ending to my story.  What I do have is the certain belief that the God of all Creation knows me and my needs.  I know that he loves me and wants me to follow his Son. 

Our comfort and joy must come from our faith, our belief.  No matter where I am in my journey, it is my faith that will sustain me.  If it were all revealed to me today, then I would no longer need faith and that, Dear Reader is how we are supposed to live: by faith.   

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen -  Annie Lennox

God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay
For Jesus Christ, our Savior was born on Christmas Day
To save us all from Satan's powers when we were gone astray
Glad tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
Glad tidings of comfort and joy

In Bethlehem, in Israel this blessed Babe was born
And laid within a manger upon this blessed morn
The which His Mother Mary did nothing take in scorn
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy

From God our Heavenly Father a blessed angel came
And unto certain shepherds brought tidings of the same
How that in Bethlehem was born the Son of God by name
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy

"Fear not then, said the angel, let nothing you affright
This day is born a Savior of a pure virgin bright
To free all those who trust in Him from Satan's power and might"
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy

Now to the Lord sing praises, all you within this place
And with true love and brotherhood each other now embrace
This holy tide of Christmas all other doth deface
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy

Now to the Lord sing praises,
All you within this place,
And with true love and brotherhood
Each other now embrace;
This holy tide of Christmas
All other doth deface.
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
O tidings of comfort and joy

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com

Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG    

No comments:

Post a Comment