01 December 2018

Where Are You Christmas ~ Opening Thoughts


Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

If you follow my writing at all you know that this is my favorite season of the year.  I celebrate Christmas throughout the year daily in some way.  I always carry with me a talisman of Christmas and I always carry Christmas in my heart.  This year, however, things are very different for me.

I have been pondering this topic and preparing for it over several months.  When I made my necessary big transition in August, I left behind all of the decorations and trapping of Christmas.  I left all of the familiar haunts and traditions that I have celebrated for twenty years.  Additionally, I am parted from those with whom I have celebrated the season for so long. 

As I approach this Christmas season, I am in mourning for the things that mirrored my celebratory heart.  I know these are not the things that are seminal to the holy day but there are so many memories involved in those things.  The celebration of Christ is mirrored in the traditions I forged and held.

My friend Crystal posted something the other day that rung this bell.  “Mentally I am ready for Christmas.  Financially I am not.”  My first thought, not in judgment of her but still there was the question, “what about spiritually?”

What I must do is spend this month navigating the waters between what I wish to do at Christmas time and what I can do this year.  I have to make sure that I am daily seeking the real heart of Christmas.  My plan is to examine things, reflect on my heart, and align it with where Christmas is in the moment as it relates to following Christ. 

I seek Christmas in a way that I have not had to in thirty years.  I feel fear and hope all at once.  The idea of Jesus being the reason for the season is echoed by all who claim to follow Christ.  I will be on a quest this season to see if I can really find Christmas daily without all of things that have symbolized it for so long.  I will be seeking it without my Children and Grand Children near me.  I will be looking for it with empty coffers and none of the decorations I love.

Your company will be precious to me this Christmas Dear Reader.  Your prayers will be a gift I treasure.  Sharing your joy and mirth with me will help me as we journey through what feels like a daunting December.  If you will keep me company then I will promise to keep my faith and seek true Christmas joy.  Please share yours with me as we walk together.  I will provide a song or two along the way…This one is help;ng my heart mor than I can say. Thank you Faith HIll.

Where Are You Christmas – Faith Hill

Where are you Christmas

Why can't I find you Why have you gone away
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can't I hear music play

My world is changing
I'm rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too
Where are you Christmas
Do you remember
The one you used to know
I'm not the same one
See what the time's done
Is that why you have let me go

Christmas is here Everywhere, oh
Christmas is here If you care, oh
If there is love in your heart and your mind
You will feel like Christmas all the time

I feel you Christmas
I know I've found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love

Where are you Christmas
Fill your heart with love

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG    




No comments:

Post a Comment