23 December 2018

Where Are You Christmas ~ Missing You at Christmas

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

This is going to be personal at first but I promise to get to you Dear Reader.  I hope that each of you has close to you those you love.  Those of you who are parents understand that physical proximity to our children is more important than we sometimes admit.  When it cannot be so, we feel and unspeakable loss.

In that light, as I search for Christmas, there are things I would say to my beloved Children that I want everyone to hear:

Maxim ~ I love you.  I know that I am not who you wish me to be as your father.  I see how hard you work at being a good father to your sons.  I pray for to you to find the peace that can only be found in Christ.  I wish for you to have joy and revel in the life you are building for yourself.

Bezel ~ I will see you later today and I hope that you know how much you are loved by your father.  I am proud of the way you keep trying to find a path that fits who you are.  I am a believer that you have a mission.  You have a destiny to do something great.  Jesus made it clear to you long ago.  Your heart has such deep compassion that it is easily hurt.  It also can do so much to heal others.

Little Lamb ~ I miss you every day.  Over the years I have been glad to see that you have not been marked by my failures and the hard world.  I have no idea what you would be now but I do know that I love you and that your absence is always with us.   

Christmas ~ I know that you are seeking what you need.  Seek Jesus first and you will find the rest.  Your health and well-being matter more to me than I have words to express.  I love you and miss you.  I feel the weight of our first Christmas apart more deeply than I can carry at times.  I suppose this is why Christ carries us all when necessary.

Avalon ~ It was a joy to talk with you yesterday.  I know that seeking without finding can be frustrating.  I love you and pray for you.  The Father has built so much in you that the world needs.  You will always be welcome wherever I am. 

Now for you Dear Reader:  Had I the power I would gather you all to someplace beautiful and bright with gifts for each of you and the blessings of Christ rich upon us all.  That, however, is not my place but the someday of the one we celebrate and follow.  I am so thankful for your company and conversation on the journey.  Your questions and thoughts as I travel make the world more tolerable and my faith more steady. 

Where are you Christmas?  You are in the love that we feel so deeply even when we cannot share it with those absent from us.  You are in the determination to love no matter how much must be endured to do it.  You are in the moments where we realize that the distance and partings will one day be healed and that the celebration will be all that it can become. 

If you are missing someone Dear Reader know that I am with you and that I love you.  You may reach out to me if needed.  You are precious to me.  As we approach the eve and the day I will keep you in my heart, mind, and prayers.

Wintersong – Sarah

The lake is frozen over
The trees are white with snow
And all around reminders of you
Are everywhere I go

It's late and morning's in no hurry
But sleep won't set me free
I lie awake and try to recall
How your body felt beside me
When silence gets too hard to handle
And the night too long

This is how I see you
In the snow on Christmas morning
Love and happiness surround you
As you throw your arms up to the sky
I keep this moment by and by
Oh I miss you now, my love
Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas, my love

Sense the joy fills the air
And I daydream and I stare
Up at the tree and I see
Your star up there

This is how I see you
In the snow on Christmas morning
Love and happiness surround you
As you throw your arms up to the sky
I keep this moment by and by

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +    Twitter  Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment