26 April 2020

Build it Better ~ Here There Be Dragons


Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday held more time for thinking than anticipated.  The day carried in it sunshine, mild temperatures, and a light breeze.  I drove through the mountains looking for property on behalf of a friend. 

Most of my thinking was positive and pleasant.  Every once in awhile, however, a thought would drop that was worry or loss.  Anger at situations outside of my control would try to grasp power over my thinking, distracting me from the beauty around me.  These dragons of the mind lurk in the shadows wishing for the power they once had over me. 

I used to easily feed them.  They ruled the landscape of my creativity.  I would waste hours brooding and imagining the worst.  Time was squandered plotting revenge or the next move in my plans.  Those dragons hoarded all of my love and I became poor at showing love to others.

As these dragons tried to poke their heads out from the shadows yesterday, I refused to feed them.  I cannot slay them forever.  I can through love and grace keep them at bay.  I can use good thinking, disciplined by faith to withhold that which gives them power.  It helps me understand why we are required to bring into captivity every thought. 

If we are going to build better, we must lay aside doubt and fear.  Anger and bitterness must be walled up and starved.  We must embrace faith, love, and courage as we rebuild from the inside.  The Father promises the strength and grace we need to do this if we are willing.  It is a life-long battle but worth it.

I awake this morning realizing that I am stronger than I was.  I also realize that I must keep constant vigil over the dragons that lurk in my mind.  They must never be given space to feed or grow.  They must not have a voice or, worse, action. 

If we are going to build it better Dear Reader, we must choose to not take up the things that hinder that effort.  We must lay aside old anger and bitterness.  As we emerge from this long dark, we can do so with the dragons caged and their prisoner, our mind free.  I can follow in faith if I avoid anger, I can do so with love and grace.  I want to extend that love to you, Dear Reader.  I wish for us all to be free from the dragons of the mind that would keep us from this.  By grace from the Father, we can journey home in freedom if we will.  Please walk a little further with me.
  
Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment