20 April 2020

Love in the Time of COVID ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

There is a taste.  It is not one particular taste. Rather, it is the familiarity of tastes across foods that trigger some very beautiful memories.  It is sometimes planned and sometimes serendipitous.  These tastes are seated in the very best part of my heart and mind.

This morning it was serendipitous.  I prepared my coffee a bit differently and the taste catapulted me back in time to my Grandfather’s table in his house on Pecan Drive.  The coffee tasted just like the coffee at my Grandfather’s.  Memories of biscuits, herbed sausage gravy, and pickled peaches rushed into my mind.  Recalling pan-fried chicken, perfect collard greens, and priceless pear preserves brought real satisfaction to my heart.  Filled with love and memories of a man and woman who always loved me and never hurt me, I sipped and pondered how I would close this series. 

 It came to me that we hall have some memories of times when others showed us the love we needed.  This is our chance, Dear Reader.  There are people in our lives who need to see our love.  There must be a more diligent effort because of the current distress if we are going to show love to others.

We will create memories during this time.  It is our choice to determine what kind to create.  If we choose to actively find ways to show love to others, we can create memories for them.  We can show our love for the Father in irrevocable, irresistible, and undeniable ways.  We can wear the cloak that is to surround all that we are, love.  We are able to look beyond this current distress to the moments we can create for others.

Choose love over everything.  I must do so.  Choose to show love in new ways.  Set aside everything that hinders love.  Be kinder, gentler.  Find ways to show love to others whilst they are working through this time.  I know I plan to do so. 

If you need to be reminded that you are loved, I am here for you, Dear Reader.   I will not always agree with you.  I may offend you from time-to-time.  I will fail.  However, on the other side is the truth that love will not fail us if we cling to it.  It is here for us even in the time of COVID.  We can build memories of loving each other that will taste sweet to us for years to come.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment