05 April 2020

Holy Week 2020 ~ Palm Sunday


Greetings Dear Reader,

This is the most peculiar start to Holy Week I have ever had.  I was up early and missing preparing for church.  I do wish to make my writings for Holy Week this year give us someplace to stand in regard to the things that are unfolding in our current time.

My plan is to try and view the days of Holy Week through the eyes of the Apostles.  I want to consider one of them each day and see what we can learn about Jesus through them.  I sometimes forget that these mere men were present for and participated in the many miracles that occurred in the three years leading up to Holy Week.

We will start with Simon the Zealot for Palm Sunday.  I am not sure if Simon or Judas was more thrilled by the lauded entry into Jerusalem at the beginning of Passover Week.  These Zealots were determined to rid Israel their Roman oppressors. 

Now, look at Jesus through the eyes of Simon.  You see Jesus use his power.  You see him raise the dead.  You see sick people healed, food made from nothing, and those who would harm Jesus unable to touch him.   Then he passes this power to you.  You are sent out with the power to do the same thing.  You perform the same miracles he does.  For three years the power of the Living God is in front of your eyes daily.

Then, just before Passover, the celebration of your people’s freedom, Jesus rides triumphantly into Jerusalem.  Who would not hope that he would use his power to take the thrones of Israel, Rome, and the entire world?  Andrew Lloyd Webber gives Simon the line, “Keep them yelling their devotion, and add a touch of hate at Rome.”

I know that I often try to push my agenda into the Father’s plans.  The problem is that my agenda is never even near the wisdom in God’s plan.  When I think of my plans first in relation to faith and following, I always fail at following.  It is more important to enjoy the moment.  I must take in the thousands admitting what I know.  I must join my voice and raise it loudly calling, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!”

Today I must see that even though I cannot gather with my fellow travelers, I can still call out with a clear voice that I am still believing.  I do not need my agenda; I need the Father’s.  He will make all things good when he is ready.  In the meantime, we can walk together and look forward to the day when the King returns.  After all, this too could be why Simon was so zealous.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment