12 April 2020

Second Thoughts - Holy Week 2020 ~ This Present Gloom

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I left you this morning, I said that I was going to sit on the veranda and worship as the sun rose.   This is what I did.  The sky was just pinking-up when I sat on the bench, coffee in hand, Bible in lap.  It promised to be a beautiful sunrise and my hope was that the sun would appear in the cleft between the two small mountains to the east of where I live.

I read the resurrection accounts as I waited for sunrise.   The salmon-colored bloom of dawn grew as I read.  I looked down to read John’s writing and when I looked up again, clouds had moved in muting the approaching dawn.

I felt a moment of disappointment as I realized that the clouds would fully cover my viewpoint before the sun appeared above the horizon.  Then I realized that the circumstance perfectly echoed the events that I had just written about this morning. 

Not for a moment did I think that the sun would not rise today.  I knew that behind the gray and darkening clouds the sun was still there.  It was mounting the sky and sending warmth to the earth as it does every single day.  My inability to see the sunrise due to the clouds did not prevent it from rising.

It is this simple truth that broke on me over and over as the day grew gray and stormy.   My inability to see the sun never gives me doubt that it is there.  My inability to see the SON must be the same.  He is there.  He is with me.  The day dawns even when it does so darkly.   The Son is there asking me to follow even when the way is dark, overcast, or foggy.  

The isolation of our pandemic has caused others to fear what they cannot see.  Instead of fear, I choose to follow what I cannot see.  I choose to believe.  I will walk in faith.  I know the sun is there when it is cloudy.  I also know that Christ is there because he has promised that he is.  I will follow in faith no matter how little I see.  You are welcome to walk with me, Dear Reader.   He is there for us in every moment.

My sunrise worship in solitude was neither.   I saw no sunrise even though it was there.  I was not in solitude because Jesus is always with me.  It is not what we see that guides us.  It is our faith and following.   It is that the Son is always risen and leading us home.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
This BLOG:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment