17 April 2020

Love in the Time of COVID ~ Reconnect


Greetings Dear Reader,

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about how we can reconnect with people during this time.  I want to talk about the connection we need the most and some simple ways that I am focusing on to keep that connection.  If we renew or establish a relationship with the Father, we can better navigate this time.

I realize that not all of you share my faith and I am not trying to make you do so.  I am suggesting that it might be time to take an honest look at Jesus.  I am not talking about religion or spirituality.  I am speaking of taking a genuine look at Jesus Christ and what he really offers us. I will give you a few suggestions in case you wish to do that.

Read the Gospel of John.  That link will allow you to read it in a translation that is easy to understand.  Pay attention to how often Jesus requires others to simply believe.  The relationship he asks for with people face-to-face is the same one he asks for with us.  He wants us to have faith.

A second idea that is also simple is talking to the Father.  Simply tell him how you feel.  Pour out your fears and hopes to him.  Ask him to further show his presence to you.  Prayer is not complicated but foolish humans try to make it that way.  After a time that dialog can honestly permeate all that one does.  It can become a constant conversation that yields peace and freedom from the things that plague our minds.

If we are going to find love in this time, we should start with the one who loves us no matter where we are.  I would not ask you to take this journey alone, Dear Reader.  Even in isolation, we can help each other along the way.  Feel free to email me with the questions you have about Jesus (aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com).  I promise not to judge you or talk down to you.  My faith is hard-won and harder refined.  After forty-five years of trying to follow, I feel I am just now beginning to get an inkling that I am getting it a little right.

For those of you who already travel the path I am on, feel free to ask me about it.  I will not promise that it is easy but it is simple to find your way back to following.   You will not get any resistance from Jesus like you may from some humans.  Changing our behavior may be difficult but it will be worth it.  Learning new habits in connecting with Christ will purge us of that which is unhealthy and build that which is.

I do not want you to think that I have any special knowledge.  I do not.  What I do is get up daily and work at this relationship no matter how I feel.  I strive for is to connect daily with someone who loves me right where I am that day, hour, or moment.  I still fail and fall.  The only thing I do is choose to get up and try again.  The Father even gives me the grace to be able to do that.  Please feel free to walk with me as we find our way together.  It is the best way I can conceive to show that I love you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment