16 April 2020

Love in the Time of COVID ~ Bound to Cities and Crowds


Greetings Dear Reader,

Thursday mornings are difficult.  I am not complaining but I sorely miss my Wednesday night small group.  It is not just the discussion and prayer that makes the time rewarding.  It is the company of fellow travelers who I know and love.

Since that is a risky choice at this time, I have to find ways to reach out to these people and show them love.  I have to make sure that in isolation my need for other humans does not hold sway over my determination to show love.  I must respect the need to keep social distance and not put my focus on my needs.

We have all seen the jokes about those of us who are social beings not being OK.  We are not.  Yesterday I saw a friend and she impulsively hugged me.  I have been told that I give good hugs.  Immediately, she began to apologize.  She felt guilty for her impulse.  We are both demonstrative extroverts.  I told her that I understood and that I valued the hug greatly.  We talked for a bit and she explained how hard it was for her.

I am using the difficulty over this to learn to love my friends who are introverts more deeply.  This feeling is the one they feel when forced into social situations that make them uncomfortable.  I must learn from this because it will pass.  I must emerge more loving and understanding of the needs of others. 

Investing time in showing love to my friends who crave connection on an unavailable level is vital.  If I focus on creative ways to do this, I can use my time wisely.  I can learn deeper and more selfless ways to love others and in this better love the Father.  I can emerge from this better at loving those who need it.  Maybe, Dear Reader, I can even give better hugs.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment