20 April 2021

Dead Man’s Opinion ~ But What Kind of Dead?

Greetings Dear Reader, 

We have discussed that we try to avoid death but that we cannot.  We also deal with other kinds of death that we rarely discuss to the extent needed.  I am talking about two different ways in which death is a part of life. 

The first other death I would ponder is that of spiritual death.  It is what separates us from the Father and the most important aspect of death to avoid.  We are in a dead state because of our choices.  We can only be made alive through faith in the work of Christ to become the just payment for our sin.  We do not have any other way out than by grace through faith.  We can be rescued from this if we are willing to be. 

The death that we do not see is the one that we should desire.  Jesus asked that once we have accepted this new life he offers, that we then embrace another kind of death.  He asked that we die to our own selfish wants and desires.  He asks that we die to ourselves.  We have to do this daily or even every moment if we are to live a life that reflects Christ and the love we are to show others. 

I must seek death to my selfish nature every day if I am to leave all behind and follow Christ well.  This means that I must lead with love that does not take up offenses.  I must embrace the death to self that yields peace.  I must love only the Father and all that he loves.  In this, Dear Reader, I can find a life that is the product of what Christ desires for all of us.  

I cannot avoid physical death.  It is eventual.  I am redeemed from spiritual death by my faith in Christ.  I must embrace death to self if I am to truly live whilst I am here.  That is just this dead man’s opinion. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

There is a death we must seek with all that we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment