06 April 2021

Why Church ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

As I watched my early morning Sunday service fill to overflowing, I was both saddened and filled with joy.  The sadness was because of the many people who only come to church once or twice a year out of some empty obligation or motivation.  The joy was that they came. 


The church in our time is needed more than ever but it is also a shadow of what it should be for us.  The purpose of the church is still relevant but the way we do it may not be.  I realize that some of you who read this regularly do not attend church or see the use for it.  I need to think through the reasons I still see value in the local church so that I am doing what I do with purpose. 

I invite you to walk with me through this if for no other reason than to understand what the church should be for anyone.  It is what the mission of the church is relative to the Gospel and following Christ that matters.  If what you see in a church is not about Jesus, then it probably does not belong there. 

You will never find a perfect church but from my thoughts and questions, we may be able to build a checklist that helps us find one that is headed in the right direction.  I invite you to walk with me and share your own thoughts and questions.  For almost two thousand years the church has been charged with caring for people in order to serve the Father.  Together, perhaps we can find ways to discover how to better follow Christ and redeemed the houses of the redeemed. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

The church was filled to capacity but still felt so empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment