21 April 2021

Dead Man’s Opinion ~ Mercy and Wrath

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I think we avoid the idea that we deserve death.  My closest friend says often when asked how he is, “Better than I deserve.”  We seem to think we are entitled to things.  We live as if we have a right to all that is ours. 


We do not like the powerlessness of admitting that all that we have is a gift from the Father.  We like to think that we are in control of our lives.  The truth that we must face is that we control very little.  The illusion of control exists because we think that we determine our own destiny. 

As I strive to give all that I am to loving the Father, I find that I wish to control very little.  I also find that I prefer mercy to wrath.  Since I am in need of much mercy, it makes me desire to be merciful with others.  I work at doing to them as I would have the Father do for me.  It is a much lighter burden to forgive out of love and mercy than it is to carry around anger and vengeance. 

Part of the death of self that I mentioned yesterday is choosing to have mercy whenever it is needed.  If I give up the part of me that wants to claim vengeance through wrath, I can find more peace and more room to be loving and kind.  I can see the heart of the Father to displace wrath with mercy.  

Death to self requires that even when I am right that I choose to love others over being right.  I need to extend mercy over condemnation, judgment, and wrath.  I need to deal in grace that evidences the love of the Father that I wish to flow through me to others. 

As the world boils in anger over social, political, and religious issues, we can stand out because of our love.  We die to wrath and anger in ways that transcend understanding.  We love others beyond what they deserve, but that, Dear Reader, is just this dead man’s opinion, 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Mercy over Judgement – James the brother of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment