22 April 2021

Dead Man’s Opinion ~ Jars of Stone

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Recently, I watched the first season of the show The Chosen.  My favorite moment was the scene of the wedding at Cana.   I think they captured the event very close to the way I have always seen it in my head. 


They allude to a part of the story that I think we miss if we do not understand Jewish culture.  Every devout household kept large stone jars in their home.  Those jars had a singular purpose.   They were to be filled for the ritual of purification, Tahara.  They were for the cleansing of the dead.  

Celebrating the feast of a marriage with this act is beautiful enough.  Creating the best wine and honoring those being wed with it is a great act of kindness.  Taking the time to include this symbolic gesture always impacts me deeply.  We always hear about the symbol in this story of the bride of Christ.  What we fail to consider is that Jesus brings us this symbol out of the stone jars meant for use on the dead. 

In the same act, he celebrates the symbol of a wedding yet to come and reminds us that he is bringing life from the containers meant for death.  Good wine from the stone jars that cleanse the dead is a beautiful thing if we take the time to ponder it. 

We see in this the reminder that Jesus is determined to bring life from death in ways that show his love.  The day will come when we all share new wine, free from death, and filled with the new life Christ has won for us.  Jesus said he would not drink wine again until he did so with us in the new Kingdom.  Still, I try to ponder this every time I enjoy good wine.  I think I can follow more closely when I consider that the jars of stone are a symbol of life not death, Dear Reader.  That, however, is just this dead man’s opinion. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

The jars of stone meant for the dead offer sparkling pure life.

No comments:

Post a Comment