05 April 2021

Holy Week ~ Easter Monday (Closing Thoughts)

Greetings Dear Reader, 

After all is done and dusted regarding the church-going,  bonnets, and banquets, what is left?  Discounted chocolate bunnies and thoughts of spring break may hold our focus.  I have to consider what the resurrection means for me. 


The entire year that now stretches out before me is the season of plowing, planting, growing, and harvesting.  My half of the globe turns warm whilst the other turns cold.  Twice yesterday I pointed out beautiful blooming flowers to people.  Both times someone immediately spoke of allergies.  

It seems we do the same thing with the resurrection.  It gets full attention on the day but then is relegated to the closet for the rest of the year.  That does not work if I am going to follow Christ well.  It was important enough to Jesus for him to explain that he embodies the resurrection and the life.  The resurrection needs to motivate me daily.  It needs to be at the center of why I pursue the love of the Father and follow the Son. 

It is in the hope that the resurrection brings that I find my purpose for following Jesus.  It is the message that his payment was sufficient to give me access to the Father through him by faith.  It allows me to live the love he purchased for me.  It is a simple equation, Dear Reader, but it requires faith and determination to make it real daily.  

As we move on to other thoughts and questions, some challenges already present themselves  The entire focus of life is supposed to be on loving the Father.  I must think through everything in light of the events of Holy Week and their impact on me.  I hope you will join me as we journey together through the things that are ahead.  Beyond them lies the realization of the hope of the resurrection. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

If the resurrection does not impact every other day, I am missing the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment