23 April 2021

Dead Man’s Opinion ~ There is Not a Scale

Greetings Dear Reader, 

As we ponder death and the life we weave, I think there is a false measure we carry that is detrimental to us.  I think we live as if God is a greengrocer with a cosmic scale.  We act as if our good can outweigh our bad and merit a favorable outcome for us with the Father. 


The word in that which kills us over and over is “merit”.  When we think that we can merit God’s favor, we embrace death.  We ignore the penalty we carry for our failures.  It is death.  We dismiss the payment Christ made to provide purgation of those failures.  It is his death.  We think that if we embrace Christ and his propitiation for our sin that we can work out the rest.  That too is a form of death. 

It is difficult for us to accept that anything outside of loving the Father with all we are yields death.  Nothing lives outside of the love of the Father.  This means that when I try to create balance by doing good, we are immersing clean into dirty.  When we do good out of love for the Father, we create something eternal.  There is no cosmic scale. 

It is the grace and mercy of the Father that allows us to create anything other than death.  It is his love for us that allows us to do anything of value.  Just as the Father sends rain upon the just and the unjust, he gives us all the ability to do good things.  They only survive when we move out of love. 

When I wish to do that which is good, it cannot be to merit the Father’s approval.  I must seek the Kingdom first.  I must love the Father with all that I am.  My approach to everything must be to please the Father because he gives me the grace to do so.  Rather, I must see that the way out of death is to love the Father in every moment, follow the Son with every step, and listen to the Spirit every instant.  

If I do this, Dear Reader, so many of the things that are dead fall away.  I can focus on the journey home and build a life in Christ.   Then the scales fall away and all that I care to give is love but that is just this dead man’s opinion. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“I Don’t think it just evens out.  I believe it crosses over toward the good, toward the brave, toward love.” – Sasha – The Walking Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment