01 October 2016

Broken Roads - Beliefs

Greetings Dear Reader,

Everyone believes in something.  Even not believing in God is believing that there is no God.  Whether we like it or not we live by faith.  My thought here is not to tell anyone what to believe but to see what beliefs lead down a broken road.

The first thought I have on this is that any belief that teaches us to hate is a broken road.  It really is indefensible to hate.  It is also not true that disagreement is hatred.  One can believe that something or someone is wrong and not hate the person who believes differently.

Unbelief is never a reason to reject anyone.  Any belief that teaches us not to love those with whom we disagree is also a broken road.  When we do not love even those who hate us we walk a broken road.  Any belief that leads to hatred is broken.

As a Christ follower I am forbidden to use my beliefs for hatred of any kind.  I am forbidden to dismiss others because of their beliefs.  I am to see their need and love them.  I am to have compassion for the sake of love not to change their beliefs.  Any belief that sets me above anyone else is part of the broken road.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment