29 October 2016

Second Thoughts – A Heart Less Ordinary

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Let me start out by saying that this is not about romance or infatuation.  It is not about the flirtations and innuendoes that permeate diner conversations all over the world.  It is about a woman who waits tables in a diner.  This is as an upscale bistro trying to masquerade as an every-diner.   The food is excellent and always in demand. 

Her name is Zoe.  I will not identify here further so as to avoid any undo tension in her life.   Her obsidian hair and fauzia eyes combine to create a visage that one would get lost in were they not careful.  I fear that too few look past the amazing beauty to the more amazing person who is content to be a server and give her very best to it.

Her smile always reaches her eyes.  Her greeting is always genuine.  I always want to be a good man in her presence.  It is not because she is a woman.  It is because she genuinely leaves me better after every encounter.  I want her to experience the same.  I want to reciprocate.

That is what it is.  This journey back to God is about doing my best to leave everyone better than I find them.  I want this person to feel her value and gifts as the rare and precious things they are.  I long for her to feel free of doubts about who she is and difference she makes.

I want everyone I encounter to have a moment of feeling whole when I am with them.  This is not a power I possess but a power that can pass through me when I get out of its way.  I long for people to see me and feel that their day is about to get better.  It costs me so little to be this kind of person.  I think that Christ and the Gospel can be seen more clearly when I am.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment