25 October 2016

You Were Never Meant to Carry This – New Hearts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The things we carry that are not for us break our hearts.  Whether it is love or pain our hearts get broken.  In truth they start out needing something more than they have.

We need the love that the Father provides to keep us whole.  Our broken hearts can be constantly renewed through faith and following.  I realize that this seems puerile but it works.  The memories that hurt and haunt are only quelled by faith and following.  It is only salved by renewing my heart’s dependence on Christ.

I tend to complicate things in hopes of find a better answer.  I tend to look for answers where I know they do not exist.  I wish younger me had realized this earlier but I am not meant to carry those regrets.  I am meant to carry faith and love.  I am meant to be renewed daily. 

The road is too long to carry things we are not meant to carry.  It is also too hard without a new heart each day to get us through the pain.  We will hurt.  We will fail.  We will fall.  The key is that our fellow traveler will help us rise and walk a little further.  He can give us hearts of fire to warm the journey for ourselves and others. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment