22 October 2016

Second Thoughts – Meteors and Wireless Phones

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I was privileged to have dinner with my Son and Grandsons on Thursday.  It had been the first night of the Orionid Meteor Shower and I shared with them how much fun I had watching it.   I explained the relationship between the meteor shower and Haley’s Comet.

I then asked my eldest what he wanted for his birthday.  He first deflected the question by reminding me that I should know since I am Santa Clause.  My Son and I gently pressed him to tell us what he wanted. 

After some hesitation, the soon to be six-year-old said he wanted his own phone.  The look that passed between my Son and I was one that every parent knows.  I watched as my Son gently inquired as to why he wanted a phone.  

The lad’s explanation was that he wanted to be able to call his family whenever he wanted.  My Son deftly explained how my Grandson could use his phone to do that whenever he wished.

The moment carried me back to when I would call my Grandfather.   My mum never knew about the long talks he and I had when I was home alone.  We would listen to afternoon baseball games together and talk about baseball and fishing or hunting.  We would plan our adventures when next I visited him. 

The heart longs to communicate with those we love.  It desires to be with others in any way possible.  Perhaps this is why I find that I pray so much more of late.  I long to talk to my Father and know that he is there with me.  I long to hear his voice reassuring me that all is unfolding as it should.  I long to lay under the stars with those I love and see the meteors streak across the autumn sky.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment