12 October 2016

You Were Never Meant to Carry This - Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes songs make me weep for my younger self.  Sometimes they make weep for the troubles I see in the lives of others that I cannot fix.  Sometime, as in this case, they bowl me over, back up over me, and run me down again.

This is not a bad thing.  It is often good for me to be knocked down by truth.  It keeps me looking up and following in humility.  I can tell I am listening when the truth leaves me feeling love and compassion for others who need it. 

I have often spoken about what I would do if I could speak to my younger self.  I have spoken about what I would do if I could go back and change something.  The reality is that the former me would not be likely to listen.

Still pondering what people need to know as they are younger brings me to some current understanding.   There are things we are just not meant to carry.  There things we need to leave behind that we do not. 

This round of thinking is for both of us Dear Reader.  We carry too much that should be long gone.  We do not see our younger selves as we should.  Walk with me and let us reason together for a bit.

Dear Younger Me – MercyMe

Dear younger me
Where do I start
If I could tell you everything that I have learned so far
Then you could be
One step ahead
Of all the painful memories still running thru my head
I wonder how much different things would be
Dear younger me,

Dear younger me
I cannot decide
Do I give some speech about how to get the most out of your life
Or do I go deep
And try to change
The choices that you'll make ‘cuz they're choices that made me
Even though I love this crazy life
Sometimes I wish it was a smoother ride
Dear younger me, dear younger me

If I knew then what I know now
Condemnation would've had no power
My joy my pain would've never been my worth
If I knew then what I know now
Would've not been hard to figure out
What I would've changed if I had heard

Dear younger me
It's not your fault
You were never meant to carry this beyond the cross

Dear younger me
You are holy
You are righteous
You are one of the redeemed
Set apart a brand new heart
You are free indeed

Every mountain every valley
Thru each heartache you will see
Every moment brings you closer
To who you were meant to be
Dear younger me,

Dear younger me
You are holy
You are righteous
You are one of the redeemed
Set apart a brand new heart
You are free indeed
You are holy
You are righteous
You are one of the redeemed
Set apart a brand new heart
You are free indeed
You are holy
You are righteous
You are one of the redeemed
Set apart a brand new heart
You are free indeed

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. There is so much from our younger days where we could have looked or given to God and we haven't... Taking a moment to reflect on that and open up to that is such a journey. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete