30 October 2016

Sitting and Centering

Greetings Dear Reader,

People are often surprised at how early I rise to write.  I might do so later if I were only writing for my sustenance.  I am not there yet but to get there I must write.  So each morning, when most of you are still sleep I face the blank page. 

Before I do this though I center my day.  No matter how I feel when I awaken I work to make following my focus.  I pray and ask to be focused on following Christ.  I look at what I will write and ponder how it will draw me closer to being the man I am supposed to be in Christ.

I also pray for my Children and Grand Children.   I pray for my friends and my enemies.  I ask that I might somehow show love and kindness to everyone I encounter each day.  I ask for help in fighting my weaknesses and the things that make me selfish. 

Then I pray before I write.  I pray as I write.  The purpose is to follow Christ more closely by wrestling with the questions that plague me about following Christ is an increasingly more fallen world.  When I ask you to walk with me Dear Reader it is because I love you and value your company.  I am so grateful when you join the conversation.

This morning I catered my spirit longer than usual to fend of pride and entitlement.  I needed to address some things that could have gone very wrong.  It is in being reminded that I am a crooked stick just like everyone else that gives me the level ground to be loving and forgiving. 

My writing for the next two months will be focused on gratitude and giving.  As we enter my favorite time of year I want to do so centered on Christ.  The only way I can do that is if I do it daily.  Sometimes I need to do it in every moment.  Imagine the difference we could make if we did this every day as one.  It is not impossible.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment