19 October 2016

You Were Never Meant to Carry This - Oh the Choices You’ll Make

Greetings Dear Reader,

So much of our day is a series of choices.  Every single one of those choices shapes us in some way.  What we eat defines a part of our health and it influences our feelings.  We choose what to wear.  We make moment by moment decisions about leisure, work, and family.

Those choices shape us.  They have benefits and consequences.  The choice to embrace reading at age six has benefitted my education vastly.  The choice to eat badly in my twenties has continuing consequences in my fifties.  Other large choices have benefits and consequences that impact me and those who know me.

All of those choices made me.  However, it is not the choices alone that shape me.  It is the Father’s constant response to our choices that shape us as well.  Since he has prior knowledge of everything he anticipates my needs for love, discipline, and nurture and shapes responses to them.

The error we make is that we do not trust this.  We foolishly think that God abandons or tortures us.  He is always working to bring everything back to good.  In the midst of that work he allows us choices, free will.   He then responds to our choices making the necessary course corrections to improve things.

“I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment