31 October 2016

Allhallowtide - All Hallows Eve

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that to most of you this is a day to celebrate costumes and candy.  I am excited about my Grandsons and their costumes.  This is also the beginning of a very important season for me.

Allhallowtide is the three-day liturgical celebration for remembrance of the dead.   It includes All Hallows Eve, All Saints Day, and All Souls Day.  In the past this was an evening dedicated to preparing for the observation of All Saints Day.

This puts me in mind of how we are supposed to consider those who have gone on before us.  As a matter of faith, I work not to speak of the dead in the past tense.  As I ponder this on All Hallows Eve I ponder how this is the beginning of my personal season of gratitude and giving. 

I owe so much about my life and faith to those who have come before me.  There are lives that have influence mine.  There are souls that have invested in my soul.  There are lives that have sustained my life.

As I ponder those I have lost in the journey I ponder also the way in which we deal with death.  My Son, Maxim and I discussed this recently and I was reminded of how much the death of my Daughter Rachel impacted my Sons.  It was their introduction to death. 

Every person’s death diminishes me.  Some impact me more than others.  The point is that every life matters.  I will spend these three days remembering that in a world filled with so many injustices and horrors every life matters.  I am not disconnected from the world events that result in unjust killings.  I am never separate from the murder of unborn children. 

Every soul matters.  I will hallow my spirit and show my gratitude for those that have aided mine.  I will remember those I miss.  I will not forget those who need my aid.  The journey is not a solo one.  It is an opportunity to enrich others souls along the way.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment