23 October 2016

You Were Never Meant to Carry This – Not Your Fault

Greetings Dear Reader,

I spent from age 9 to 14 believing that my Grandfather’s death was my fault.  Family politics had cut me off from him at age nine and he declined and passed away very quickly.  I did not yet understand the difference between heart break and heart damage when his heart ran out of summers.

As a young boy, I was often saddled with things not meant for young boys to carry.  So many of the things that we carry as guilt are not meant to be ours.  We have enough honest guilt to deal with without succumbing to false guilt. 

So many things are out of our control.  We take on responsibility for things we have no control over.  This is one of the things that drives us to avoid reasonability for our actual faults. 

My sin is my fault.  The sin of others, of the world Is not.  My own faults must be acknowledged and repaired.  They must also not be carried forward as reality or guilt.  In this journey sins of the past are just too much to carry.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment